[Dshield] Anamolous Dshield Daily Summary Info

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 19:29:59 GMT 2005

All,

has anybody seen this kind of output in their daily dshield summary?
Notice that the "All Packets" column has a lower count than the
"Packets" column. This does not make sense. I thought that the "Packets"
column represents the number of packets that were logged by my firewall
whereas the "All Packets" column represents the number of packets that
were logged by all Dshield participants and, which, in any case should
be at least as large or larger than the number in the "Packets" column.

Source
	Hostname
	Packets 	Targets 	All Packets 	All Targets 	First Seen

70.17.197.76 	pool-70-17-197-76.balt.east.verizon.net   	           20
            1 	                   2 	                  1 	06-13-2005

--
Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International