[Dshield] Daily Reports

Mike Trahar newatthis2 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 16 13:35:22 GMT 2005

Deb Hale,

I've been sending reports to Dshield for about three-four  years and the
problems with the daily reports not arriving is only a part of the
problem and I don't think it has a lot to do with spam filters or
incorrect e-mail addys. For instance one of the guys said he goes in and
resets his preferences. I've tried that and sometimes it seems to work.
Why should anyone have to do that?? Does anyone except Johannes have
administrator access to the database? One guy can't do it all no matter
how good he is. As far as I can tell from a few years of experience the
problem is with Dshield 90% of the time.

By the way I got a Daily Report for the 15th but not for today the 16th.
Some days I get daily reports and some days I don't. I get my submission
confirmations, so, I'm reasonably sure my reports are being received.
What happens to them after that I don't think anyone really knows.

I KNOW that IP addresses I've sent in multiple reports of during some of
the big virus attacks NEVER got into the data base. Johannes has been
working on this problem for as long as I've been submitting and it's
always something.If I contacted you guys (Dshield) every time I missed a
report...

Thanks for the effort,

Mike