[Dshield] World Map(s) somewhat broken?

Cefiar cef at optus.net
Fri Jun 17 00:30:27 GMT 2005

I was just reading the "Zombie Report" at Prolexic
(http://www.prolexic.com/zr/) and thought "I wonder what the Dshield data
shows on this, or similar to this". So I went to the "Handlers Diary" page,
thinking perhaps the current hander had already had the same thought.

Anyway, while I was there, I clicked on the "World
Map" (http://isc.sans.org/large_map.php) and noticed that the "Country
Report" (http://isc.sans.org/country_report.php) didn't show any data at all,
even if I selected a date a few months ago.

Not to be deterred, I went to the main dshield page (http://www.dshield.org/),
thinking perhaps with the site/server upgrade/fixes a while ago, the map on
the ISC page had inadvertantly got broken.

However, when I clicked on any country in the map on the dshield site, and it
took me to the "Country Details" page, I noticed 2 problems:
 1. The ?continent= option seems to be ignored by the page
(http://www.dshield.org/country_list.php), so it's always showing North
America as the Continent in the pull-down list.
 2. The data is the same as the ISC page - ie: There isn't any.

Not complaining too much, but thought I'd mention it when I noticed it, rather
than just assuming that someone already knew about it, and grumbling to
myself every time I go look at it and find it still broken.

Keep up the good work all.

 Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - cef at optus.net