[Dshield] Newbie submission questions

Allen Kistler an037-0m26i at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 18 07:05:32 GMT 2005

Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
>>Second:
>>Acknowledgment emails say "PGP: No" at the bottom.  Taking a hint from
>>http://www.dshield.org/pgp_doc.php, I hacked the .pl script to add a GPG
>>signature, and I uploaded my public key to my DShield profile (days
>>ago).  I have tested the resultant email.  Enigmail, the Mozilla Mail
>>GPG plugin, verifies the signature, so I know my hack is good.  However,
>>the acknowledgment emails say the GPG signature lines are rejected, and
>>the bottom still says "PGP: No."  What's up?
>
> It takes a while to import the PGP key you add to your account to the
> PGP keyring of the validation script. This is also one of the less
> tested functions (only have 1 or  users that use it so far).

Probably not days, though, right?  Here's the basis of the question,
from my latest submission:
                  Lines rejected: 7
  rejected lines (up to 10)
From: ALLEN KISTLER <AN037-0M26I at YAHOO.COM>
PGP: NO

It's not a complaint.  It's more a point of curiosity.  If it doesn't
add value at the DShield end (which is the impression I get from having
the lines rejected), I can omit inserting the sigs to save the parser
from the hassle of throwing them away.  Do you have any thoughts either way?