[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

Chris Brenton cbrenton at chrisbrenton.org
Mon Jun 20 15:51:13 GMT 2005

Hey John,

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 10:25, John B. Holmblad wrote:

> I agree with the substance of your comments. I too have gotten more than
> I have given with respect to DShield and it has served me very well
> despite the recent sysadmin/performance issues.

Thank you for highlighting a point that I missed. DShield has been
serving the community well for years. I think a burp due to some growing
pains can be forgiven. ;-)

> Perhaps to deal with
> the sysadmin issues, a group similar to the ISC handlers could be formed
> that rotates the responsibility for daily caretaking of the DShield
> servers by means of remote access tools (VPN etc.).

Paul Marsh also made a similar comment, that if help is needed let's
just chip in. I personally would be more than happy to contribute to
such an effort.

Johannes: What ever you need, just let us know (knowing of course that
some things are just easier to do yourself as they take longer to get
someone up to speed).

> I would like to clarify/correct your use  of the S/N metaphor.

Point taken, thanks. Proper metaphor would have been to say the S/N is
lower. That's what I get for responding before morning caffeine. ;-)

Thanks!
Chris