[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Mon Jun 20 18:06:54 GMT 2005

list-bounces at lists.dshield.org <mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org>
wrote on Monday, June 20, 2005 7:43 PM (EET) UTC+3 on behalf of Johannes
B. Ullrich

| What we need:

| - more diverse submitters (we are ok on /16s and such, but can always
| use more cable/dsl users) Its odd that I ask for more submitters as we
| obviously get plenty of data. But its more about diversity of the
| submissions vs. volume.

Johannes et al.

Thanks for participating in posting to the List.

Would like to submit a challenge to DShield List subscribers and Log
Excerpt submitters:

Let us all please ask our friends with broadband connection to join and
submit log excerpts to DShield.

If some of our friends would find it too challenging setting up
submitting logs, let us please consider helping them with the setup job.

If (please read WHEN) we all do this, it multiplies the amount of
submitters as well as diversifies submissions as per Johannes' request.

To Johannes: Perhaps a contest 'who gets most friends join DShield'
would help.  ;-)

- Pete

                "Do it or do not do it. There is no try"
       Yoda, in the film "The Empire Strikes Back" from the script of
            George Lucas (1944), US director and scriptwriter.