[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Mon Jun 20 18:55:14 GMT 2005

Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:

>>Johannes: What ever you need, just let us know (knowing of course that
>>some things are just easier to do yourself as they take longer to get
>>someone up to speed).
>>

>What we need:
>
>- good contributions to this list ;-)
>- more diverse submitters (we are ok on /16s and such, but can always
>use more cable/dsl users) Its odd that I ask for more submitters as we
>obviously get plenty of data. But its more about diversity of the
>submissions vs. volume.

As I see it, the problem is the cable/dsl users (such as my home
network) use 1) devices that do not produce usable logs, 2) devices that
don't send their logs to other devices (see #1), or 3) devices dependent
on other devices running full-time (such as a permanent PC to collect
the logs for mailing).

My Linksys BEFSR41 doesn't fit the bill, right?