[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

Robert Nelson nelsrob at mts.net
Mon Jun 20 21:08:52 GMT 2005

A Linksys BEFSR41 will work, Alan. Visit
http://www.dshield.org/windows_clients.php#universal.

You will need to configure your router for logging. Log into your router,
and go to the Administration section. Look for the "Log" link there, and
tell the router to log. You will need to know the IP Address the router has
assigned to the PC you wish to have the logs sent to.

You will need to install the logviewer program that should be on your
Linksys installation CD.

You can use the DShield client listed on the Dshield site (CVTWIN) or use
something like WallWatcher, which is free. It is available at
http://www.wallwatcher.com/ - you will also need to download the WW2DShield
program from there as well..

I hope this helps.

Robert