[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

John Groseclose iain at caradoc.org
Mon Jun 20 21:00:02 GMT 2005

Quoting Mike Wydra <mwydra1 at comcast.net>:

> Okay - I'm just a run of the mill, joe blow average Internet user. I don't
> understand most of what you guys are talking about, but I'm trying to learn.
> In return for the free education, I'm willing to help whereever I can, and I
> am a simple computer (non-server) user on a cable link. (Comcast tells me
> that I've got a four meg pipe)

Um, hardly.

The fact that you're on this list *and* concerned about the stuff being
discussed puts you *well* above what I'd call "joe blow average Internet user."

The bigger problem is that there are so many "joe blow average Internet users"
who simply don't care that their machine might have been converted into a
spam-spewing zombie because they clicked on the link that their "friend" sent
them and it automagically installed cruft on their computer. As long as they
can get to their scrapbooking discussion group on Yahoo, or their llama-herding
special-interest webpages, they really don't care that their butt is hanging
out naked to the wind...

You, at least, have an interest in fixing and preventing problems. The rest of
the sheeple don't appear to have such.

John
--
spam delenda est