[Dshield] Is DShield Dead?

Wayne Larmon wlarmon at dshield.org
Mon Jun 20 22:34:24 GMT 2005

> Robert Nelson wrote:
>
> >A Linksys BEFSR41 will work, Alan. Visit
> >http://www.dshield.org/windows_clients.php#universal.

> >You will need to install the logviewer program that should be on your
> >Linksys installation CD.
> >
> I may have even installed it... but, it does require the PC to be
> running when the router sends the log (doesn't it??? Or does the logger
> pull the log?).

Yes, LogViewer will only collect logs when the PC is on.

> This may be a problem for many households such as my
> own, where the PCs are powered down when they aren't being used. If the
> logger pulls the logs, and DShield doesn't mind intermittent reporting,
> then I'm happy to oblige!

No problem with intermittent reporting.  We want real world variety.

The BEFSR41 is the first router that we wrote a DShield converter for.  It
is what I still use, with Logviewer to collect the logs.

If you have any problems getting this going, write me off list.

Wayne Larmon
DShield.org
wlarmon at dshield.org