[Dshield] Wireless MAC Authentication options.

David Vincent support at sleepdeprived.ca
Tue Jun 21 03:49:34 GMT 2005

Have a look at the SonicWall TZ 170 Wireless appliance.  With a couple
repeaters to cover your area, it might do the trick.  802.11g/b,
supports MAC authentication (i don't envy the person inputting that
data), out-of-the-box separation of the wireless lan and the wired lan
(you can use the VPN client to allow authorized users through the
firewall into the wired network etc.), dmz and opt interfaces for
expandability...lots more.

we've got a few at work and they work great.  i did have some issues
with advanced configuration (specifically 1-1 nat and then getting
bi-directional port mappings working) using their enhanced OS, switching
back to the standard solved everything.

http://www.sonicwall.com/products/tz170sp_wireless.html

-d