[Dshield] Dial on demand

Robert Nelson nelsrob at mts.net
Tue Jun 21 23:40:39 GMT 2005

I can speak from only my experience, but my router lets you set the "keep
alive" parameters so that if you're not using the internet, it will
disconnect. Or you can log into the router to disconnect manually if you so
choose. Or turn off the cable/dsl modem and/or the router...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it all depends on the ISP and your router
(and how you've set it up).

Robert