[Dshield] Cut Off China

Adrien de Beaupre adriendb at whitehats.ca
Sun Jun 26 21:27:54 GMT 2005

> Greetings:
>
> This is going to get lengthy, but I hope you'll bear with me because it might
> explain to the "seasoned pro's" how the "newbie" (like me) mind works. I
> totally agree with jayjwa and Ken Coney concerning the blocking of junk
> traffic from China, and other Countries that don't play by the rules. In fact
> - I'd go so far as to block ALL traffic from these Countries. I'll explain,
> but first - a little about myself so you know where I'm coming from.

Hmm, if we appled that logic, traffic from the US would be cut off
from entering Canada. The two countries who target Canadian IPs
on a regular basis are China and the US.

:)

In fact, all spam does not trace back to China, nor any other
country. Spam traces back to, you guessed it, the US of A.
That is where the targeted demographic is, and that is where
money trail traces back to. Follow the money a little further
Mike, it doesn't end up where you think.

I am not arguing for, or against blocking all traffic from
any country, far from it. Your logic does not seem to bear
up under scrutiny.

Cheers,
Adrien

<snip>