[Dshield] Kiwi daemon config question

Chris Wright dshield at yaps4u.net
Tue Jun 28 13:59:29 GMT 2005

Paul,

I want to say yes, but as a relative new user of Kiwi I could be wrong.

You could have Kiwi sat on the machine that the FVS318 is connected to and
it will pick up the logs.
You then have the option of dumping the log file (that is eventually
forwarded via DSHIELD) and you can dump this onto a remote connection.  Or
you could have a scheduled task of some description that could FTP/transfer
the file from the local to remote server.

But perhaps the simplest is to have Kiwi running on the remote server where
you want to do all the sending etc, and have the local Kiwi forward the
events on.  (This might be a feature of the registered version, and not the
free one, but its there in the options). (You have the option of specifying
a remote IP to forward the events onto, via UDP/TCP/KRDP, and a few other
switches).

So, I would say it can be done.

Regards

Chris