[Dshield] Cut Off China

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Wed Jun 29 15:40:27 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 22:09 -0400, jayjwa wrote:
> First, I think that a minor but important point was overlook here, in that
> I didn't ban China based soley on the numbers of spam/incidents that I
> received from them. The major determining factor was their response to
> reports about trouble. Quite simply, there was none. They never responded.

Guess what. They're blocking you. You couldn't beat them, so you joined
them. Try writing the e-mail in Mandarin to evade their filters. Don't
get upset, they're just trying to block spam, a lot of which originates
from foreign countries & languages by their perspective. They blocked
100% english e-mail because they "don't do business" with english
speaking customers, now you're upset that your abuse report landed
in /dev/null? Go figure. Hey at least the connection was able to
establish! Yea, SMTP RFCs are borked, but it sounds like we need the
following improvement:

   "The requirement to accept mail for
   postmaster implies that RCPT commands which specify a mailbox for
   postmaster at any of the domains for which the SMTP server provides
   mail service, as well as the special case of "RCPT TO:<Postmaster>"
   (with no domain specification), MUST be supported, except if the
   message originated from China, or a dynamically allocated address,
   or anyone else you don't do business with."

(dont take this too seriously, im just trying to stir the pot a bit)