[Dshield] Cut Off China

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Wed Jun 29 17:41:12 GMT 2005

I have heard that many ISP's in Asia don't respond to complaints, because it is a loss of face to them if they do - they bring dishonor on their employer for admitting something is wrong.  And, loss of face is a serious matter in parts of Asia.

However, the lack a response does not mean (necessarily) that they are ignoring you.  It is quite possible they are "dealing with" the spammer ('do you wnat the bullet in your left ear or your right?') while just never telling you.
Cheers,
-E D Truitt

Sent via my BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless