[Dshield] little experiment

Stuart Young sgy at amc.com.au
Tue Mar 1 01:54:33 GMT 2005

At 10:53 1/03/2005, Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:
>I setup a little experimental site that tries to do a couple simple
>security checks based on browser id and such, and a portscan. I do need a
>couple more people to see if it works / is helpful.

Interestingly I tried this on Windows with IE, then Firefox 1.0, and then
1.0.1.

IE And Firefox 1.0 both got identified as Windows XP Service Pack 2
(correct) but Firefox 1.0.1 identified the machine as just Windows XP (no
service pack at all), even though the machine is running SP2. Not a problem
with your code, but Firefox definitely seems to be removing OS info.

Seems to work fine on Linux under Konqueror and Firefox. Will try with
other browsers (Win/Linux/Other) soon.

  Stuart Young - sgy at amc.com.au
  (aka Cefiar) - cef at optusnet.com.au

[All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
[own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]