[Dshield] little experiment
Johannes B. Ullrich
jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Mar 1 13:29:26 GMT 2005
Thanks for all the feedback! I am trying to wrap up my responses in this
- Some of the "broken page" issues where due to me making adjustments
last night ;-). Some "fixing the running train" as I was scanning the
- SP2 detection needs work. I think it only works well with Internet
Explorer. Have to see what the exact magic string is in Firefox.
- the UDP scan is unreliable, and does show ports as open that are not.
Maybe I should drop it. There is no good way to scan UDP.
- it looks like it has some bug if your local ip is reported as
127.0.0.1 ;-). This can happen with some proxy/vpn configurations.
- 10 port scans can be run at the same time. I don't think that limit
was reached yesterday. There should be a note to that respect if the
limit is hit.
- I think the browser crasht aht was reported may be due to the
(a) its way cool, (b) google uses it, so I consider it 'ready'
- I will add port 22 and 25 to the tcp port scan list.
- the page will probably only work in MSIE and Firefox. Other browsers
may / may not work. The problem is that as I get more and more into
using browser specific tricks to figure out some of the intormation,
I can't support them all (see the XP SP2 issue).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 256 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://www.dshield.org/pipermail/list/attachments/20050301/c5a7697e/signature.bin
More information about the list