[Dshield] little experiment

steven parks sparks at IDEAL.COM
Tue Mar 1 16:57:59 GMT 2005

I got this:
Too many fingerprints match this host to give specific OS details

Plain Jane windows 2000 pro machine with IE 6.0.
Everything else was ok although, as stated, it found an "open" udp port
that's not open (137).

I setup a little experimental site that tries to do a couple simple
security checks based on browser id and such, and a portscan. I do need
a couple more people to see if it works / is helpful.

http://www.amihacked.com is the URL. Let me know if it works or where it
breaks. One of the goals is also to make some of the dshield information
a bit more accessible. We already have the 'are you hacked' banner, but
its a bit limited when it comes to the next step ("Why is the banner
flashing at me?").

thanks for any feedback.

liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.

SANS Intrusion Immersion Training: Orlando, FL, February 3-9th
http://www.sans.org/orlando05

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org