[Dshield] little experiment

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Mar 1 22:42:54 GMT 2005

> How do you get the "behind firewall address"??

its a little bit of javacode I found. Essentially, it tells your browser
to reload the page, but adds the IP address of your system to the end
(you will see 'IP=1.2.3.4' at the end of the URL).

There are a couple of tricks to just display it locally with javascript.
But so far, I have only seen java code that was able to actually send it
to the server.

As others have commented, many e-mail clients (e.g. mine) add it to the
header, or mail servers add them if they are inside the natted network.

If someone knows how to tell thunderbird not to send the IP as part of
the 'helo', let me know ;-)