[Dshield] Need some help please

Aaron Lewis aaron at adldatacomm.net
Wed Mar 2 18:54:41 GMT 2005

Hello, I have a problem that I can't put my finger on. I have a client who
uses my mail server qMail on Linux with HSphere. The mail client giving us
trouble is Outlook Express. All systems are Virus and Spyware free. Verified
as recently as this morning.

Here's the problem. Some times when they try to send mail with an
attachment, it fails with error 0x800CCC0F
inactivity. Account: 'your.mail.account', Server: 'your.mail.server',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Now I can reproduce this on Windows 2000 and XP on 3 different LAN's using 3
different ISP's. This is a recent issue within the last month. I have a
capture of a failed message that I don't want to post to the forum. If you'd
like to take a look please ask.

If you need information I have not provided please ask for that also.

Thanks

Aaron D. Lewis
Web Spun Designs
aaron at webspundesigns.com