[Dshield] Firewall Tapes off site?

Hunt, Andrew AHunt at STRAUB.NET
Wed Mar 2 19:01:35 GMT 2005

Just take precautions.  Don't tell them what's on the tape.  Use inventory
numbers that are meaningless without your rubric.  Have a firm business
agreement in place so that if it is determined that the sanctity of your
box/vault/storage unit was violated, your firm can sue them for breach of
contract.

Regards,

Drew Hunt
Security Analyst
Hawaii Pacific Health
ahunt at straub.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Presley [mailto:shane.presley at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:47 AM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: [Dshield] Firewall Tapes off site?

Slightly off topic, but I was wondering what various people think about
sending firewall backup tapes off site?  Seems like you have to do it for
D.R., but I also don't like the idea of the firewall OS/Application data
being shipped to a third party?

Shane
SANS Intrusion Immersion Training: Orlando, FL, February 3-9th
http://www.sans.org/orlando05

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org