[Dshield] amihacked.com now without portscan

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Thu Mar 3 14:11:11 GMT 2005

> YOU TOLD THEM THEY HAD TO ENTER THE NUMBER FOR THE PORT SCAN MANUALLY!
> If somebody is so thin skinned that they are complaining, they should
 > realize that Johannes indicated to them in advance what is coming.

(I cut out the 'relevant' parts of the post below ;-) ).

Let me just state clearly:

Valueweb, the hosting company, did do exactly what they where supposed
to do.

I don't think the compaint was from someone who didn't like the page.
Most likely, they just forgot that they visited the portscan page.

On the other hand: I should have known better. I did run a similar
portscan page a long time ago. At the time, I was lucky enough that the
system was hosted at a smaller more "personal" ISP. They knew me, and
ignored the occasional complaints.

The system I have with valueweb is used for various old stuff and
experiments. But for the price they charge, i don't expect them to
provide any special services.

I guess the surprise was that it took only a couple days for someone to
complain.

Regarding PGP keys: I typically change keys once a year, and did so
recently. I keep a current set of my keys in these two locations:
https://secure.dshield.org/PGPKEYS
https://secure.euclidian.com/PGPKEYS
(two different servers/networks. you will also find them on some public
key servers).

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org
SANS Internet Storm Center                 (617) 639 5000
http://isc.sans.org