[Dshield] myNetwatchman abuse report Mar 1 & 2 re: amihacked.com

Mike Trahar newatthis at rcn.com
Thu Mar 3 18:01:55 GMT 2005

Sirs,

I received a list posted e-mail from General DShield Discussion List
<list at lists.dshield.org> originating from jullrich at sans.org advising the
list that Johannes had been contacted by valueweb re:amihacked.com. As a
form of apology to Johannes for my part in this I am writing this note.

For my own part (I can only speak for myself) my own submission to
myNetwatchman was in error, but, I believe other reports/complaints were
also erroneously sent to myNetwatchman. At any rate I saw about five
other submitters in the myNetwatchman list.

Any reports from any other source from which you may have received abuse
reports about or for this IP Address 207.234.130.148 or amihacked.com
are also VERY probably in error.

I am not a priciple of myNetwatchman just a reporting agent who forgot
to check his logs before submitting them.

For my part I can confirm that this test was a TOTALLY opt-in user
iniated double-verified/checked remote security test. I initiated the
test and no blame or adverse consequences should accrue to anyone due to
my error. I apologize for my own carelessness and my part in this
unfortunate situation.

Thank You,

Michael Trahar