[Dshield] I want SPAM

jayjwa jayjwa at atr2.ath.cx
Thu Mar 3 21:56:05 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Shane Presley wrote:

-> I have a honey-pot address (a throw away domain/e-mail address) that I
-> need to quickly get a lot of SPAM too.  What sites would be good to
-> get that e-mail address out there in the wild.

USENET. Nothing like it. In fact, I dare say that's the biggest load of it
you could find, just send alot of messages with user at host style address. I
tested for this once by writing stuff like im-a-spam-bot at atr2.ath.cx in
the bottom of my sig. Take a wild guess at what user name I got mail for
at my host ;)

One other thing I used to love to do was quote the spam trap address of
various DSBL's in my signature (the ones that if you mail to you get
listed as a spammer).

--
M$'s Windowz Genuine "Advantage": Wine/Linux
detected!! Your system will now shutdown: