[Dshield] Does anybody at DSHIELD understand whois

Michael Nancarrow michael.nancarrow at ac3.com.au
Fri Mar 4 07:05:18 GMT 2005

Actually not a list entry but a complaint.

We have received 5 DSHIELD emails in the last 40 days saying
that we have a bad address scanning somebody in our range.
Problem is that the addresses are not even close. Looks like
DSHIELD have some lazy programming in that we have the top
Address range as in 203.202.0.0 therefore it is assumed that
203.202.110.0 is one of our addresses. Wrong these are "C" class
address ranges. Maybe it is some other logic issue but I have replied
stating "URGENT" and have not heard anything back.

Anyway can you please stop this.

Thanks
Mike