[Dshield] AVG 7.308

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Sun Mar 6 19:00:41 GMT 2005

I have had intermittent problems updating AVG since early January. I
submitted a couple of complaints, but simply got back some form letters on
it. That's probably because I'm only using the free version. Here is the
text of their response to me:
===<snip>===

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly please accept our apology for  delayed response. We are experiencing
a higher than usual volume of e-mail  messages from customers concerning
upgrades to AVG 7.0. During this time, you may experience an extended
response time. We apologize for any delay in getting back to you.

AVG Free Edition users are requested to use the FAQ pages at
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php  for technical issues. Technical support
via email is not available to users of The AVG Free Edition.

If you are experiencing problems with your AVG Free, we suggest that you
make sure that you have the latest update. Use the "Update Manager" tab on
the AVG Control Center to check for the latest updates (note that a
connection to the Internet is required to check for updates).

Consult the Help menu for information concerning the operation of AVG Free,
and the available functions, features and capabilities.

Additional support for AVG Free can be found on our web page at
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/3/lng/us/tpl/v5.  The FAQ and other
sections provide useful information about AVG and viruses. Technical Support
via email is not included with the AVG Free Edition.

Please download our AVG Anti-Virus trial version that is available for you
with no obligation for a period of 30 days. The trial version can be
downloaded at: http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_trial.php

During the evaluation period, you will be able to test the full
functionality, including all of the features and capabilities of AVG
Anti-Virus, as well as to verify for yourself just how effective and
reliable AVG Anti-Virus protection is. In addition, you will have access to
the AVG Technical Support team for the duration of your Trial license.

Thank you for using AVG Anti-Virus.

Best regards,

Marketa Oharkova

Sales Team