[Dshield] AVG 7.308

Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 22:15:51 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 12:00, Keith Bergen wrote:
> I have had intermittent problems updating AVG since early January. I
> submitted a couple of complaints, but simply got back some form letters on
> it. That's probably because I'm only using the free version. Here is the
> text of their response to me:
> ===<snip>===

<SNIP>

First, before I read what they wrote to you, I am saying the following
because I found it out on my own.

If you are using the free version of AVG, do NOT put on the pay version
updates.  If you do, the program will cease to accept any further
updates to the AV database. In fact, you will have to uninstall and
reinstall the program.  When I was looking at AVG (I look at all of the
AV packages), I also noticed that the free version sometimes had
problems using the update feature and I had to go to the web page and
download the patches for it manually.  In fact I gave up on the update
button completely.  The pay version has no such problems that I am aware
of.  That is why my advice has always been, if you go with AVG, go with
the pay version.  Whether you go with AVG or not is up to you.  I just
would not use their free version.

HHH
--
Key Name:  "Henry Hertz Hobbit"
Key fingerprint = 924E BE61 1ACF B87A DCA9 009E E74C 183D 0164 F7D5