[Dshield] Anti Trojan software

Roland Green rgreen at plannedbuy.com
Mon Mar 7 14:10:45 GMT 2005

Interesting but the "advertisement" for the TrojanHunder application
states that it is able to do the following;

 -very fast scan engine capable of detecting modified trojans;
 -memory scanning for detecting modified trojan variants;

Which would contrast your prior statement.    Please read the
advertisement.  (see link below).

http://www.wilders.org/anti_trojans.htm

I am simply wondering how well these applications work and why / how /
if one would benefit from using Snort on a network with three servers
that are isolated.  When I say "isolated" I mean that the only services
running are mail, and web (which can be accessed from the outside world)
.  Given that the advertisement for "TrojanHunder 3.1" and "The Cleaner
Proffessional 4.1" are true one could infer that an application such as
this could serve the purpose on a small firewalled network with few nodes.