[Dshield] port 445

Stephane Grobety security at admin.fulgan.com
Mon Mar 14 17:03:15 GMT 2005

Hello John,

I just checked the logs here. A small range of 32 IPs got scanned a
couple of times and a class C got about 10k hits since this morning.

What's interesting is that 79% of all attacks on the class C
came from a single computer: 194.38.96.15. Now, this IP is pretty
close to the network number of the attacked net: a likely combo for a
worm. That, plus the fact that it scanned all IPs in the range
multiple time.

That's the only real anomaly I could find in today's logs related to
port 445. That IP didn't scan anything but port 445, BTW.

Could anyone drop a probe outside their perimeter ?

Good luck,
Stephane