[Dshield] IH Policy for third party webhosts?

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 18:46:23 GMT 2005

Great question!  I love these...

I start with SLA (Service Level Agreements).  These outline your expectations of the service you
are provided.  For example, in this specific scenario, I would include notification of impact to
service, escalation process, and etc.

Next, I would include a required audit by your folks in audit, or if a smaller org, by yourself.
Most third parties today understand this.

I also require third parties to have a certification of some sort.  Such as ISO or BS7799.  This
is sometimes very difficult, but is very helpful when you know they meet specific requirements.

I do have some policy work on this as well that will be up on my site later this
week.(www.infosecwriters.com)  I also have a worksheet that I require to have completed when
evaluating vendors or service providers.  I would be willing to share this, just contact me off
list.

Mrcorp