[Dshield] us gov: FTC Bars Bogus Anti-Spyware Claims

Chuck Lewis clewis at iquest.net
Tue Mar 15 14:08:19 GMT 2005

Brian,

Nice catch !

I don't normally like the government to jump into anything and everything
but I think maybe in this case the FTC was correct because if I recall
correctly (?) I think this folks were one of the ones threatening legit
spyware and antivirus (that detects spyware) vendors for
detecting/classifying them as spyware. Do you remember seeing that ?

Chuck