[Dshield] How do I determine NAT address

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 13:00:44 GMT 2005

Chris,

If I understand you correctly, you have a user on a different network (NAT'd) connecting to your website, and while you have the IP of that network's NATing device, you need to know which workstation it is on the inside?

If so, then the only way I know of would be to contact the site admins and work with them.

Regards,
Pete

Chris Mitchell <cmitchell at smtusa.com> wrote:
I have a need to determine a local IP address when a user logs in to a
secured portion of my web site. The external IP is showed in the logs but I
need to know if I can determine the local address behind the firewall. Can
someone point me in the right direction or offer me a solution? I need to
determine which workstations are logging in and that user names are not
being shared from the same WAN link. The site is on a Win 2K3 box.

Thanks
Chris

Join us at SANSFIRE 2005 in Atlanta!
The Internet Storm Center Conference.