[Dshield] eBay virus?

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Sun Mar 20 05:01:31 GMT 2005

** Reply to message from "Aaron Lewis" <aaron at adldatacomm.net> on Sat, 19 Mar
2005 06:07:16 -0500

> I have had 3 users this week claim to have gotten a virus from using eBay.
> Can anyone confirm or discredit these claims. I have not had the opportunity
> to get to one of these systems.

What were they really doing?  More than likely they were looking at some items
and there was a link that went to another site, not controlled by eBay, which
may have downloaded something.  Even that is not a very high probability, more
than likely it was from an email or another web site that they visited either
before or after their wandering around eBay.