[Dshield] Symantec: spam, phishing grow, botnets shrink in '04

Fergie (Paul Ferguson) fergdawg at netzero.net
Wed Mar 23 13:55:17 GMT 2005

Well, I suspect that the black-hats are simply
following the money in this case.

The evidence indicates (to me at least) that
whatever means yeilds them a more attractive
return on their efforts is the path which they
have chosen to exploit (more bang for the buck,
so to speak).

Cheers,

- ferg

-- Commerco WebMaster <Webmaster at commerco.net> wrote:

To me these rising and declining data points occurring
together seem somewhat counterintuitive.  I am on page
with Symantec as regards an increase in spam and
information theft schemes, but the other seems off to
me.  What do you make of it?

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg at netzero.net or fergdawg at sbcglobal.net