[Dshield] More secure default configurations?

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Thu Mar 24 06:08:40 GMT 2005

** Reply to message from Miles Stevenson <miles at mstevenson.org> on Tue, 22 Mar
2005 10:23:37 -0800

> Restricting freedom of property rights is not the way to solve this problem.
>
> Don't you think this is a little anti-freedom? By who's authority is the
> average consumer not allowed to execute scripts? Microsoft? The government?
> Would YOU buy an operating system that did not allow you to execute scripts
> until it properly "trained" you? Would you buy an OS advertised as "MS
> Windows 2009, it knows better than you, the averages consumer, so just do
> what it says and you will be safe."

I said nothing about restricting anyone from anything.  What is needed is to
restrict other people from exploiting their computer until they have have the
knowledge to open their computer.  As it is now the average Windows user has no
idea of how to secure their system.  They also have no idea how to surf the net
safely.

> I can just see it now:
>
> Dear Mr. Smith,
>
> We, the government of the United States of America, have detected an
> unauthorized attempt to use a file sharing application on your personal
> computer. According to our records, you are not licensed to execute any
> software applications with a security risk rating of 3 or above.

Sounds like you are trolling to me.  It has nothing to do with I posted.