[Dshield] DShield problems?

jayjwa jayjwa at atr2.ath.cx
Fri Mar 25 10:55:48 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Jon R. Kibler wrote:

-> We have had to tweak our MTAs' whitelists several different times
recently because at least 2 (and maybe 4) of DShield/SAN's MTAs either do
not have a hostname or do not have a valid hostname. -> -> However, it
appears that we are still not getting all the email that we would expect.
In particular, I have not received any reply to several different emails
sent to info at dshield.org (about problems on web site and issues raised in
this posting) and I have not received any of the usual feedback from
comments posted to incidents.org's contact page. -> -> We suspect that the
problem is on our end and is caused by our rejecting sending MTAs w/o a
valid hostname. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Whenever the list arrives here, it lists it as (possibly forged). I don't
whitelist and filter very little, so it goes thru. It's Dshield, but this
is the only valid mail I get that has the "possibly forged" tag, which
usually means something's up with the hostname, as is commonly seen with
spammers. I'm not sure why it does this.

--
checking for broken Samba configure files ...
head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'