[Dshield] Forensic Analysis Practical

Aaron G. Wade agw8 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 26 04:59:13 GMT 2005

First off let me say that I think taking away the Practicals from the GIAC
certs is a big mistake.  The practical is what separated the GIAC certs
from every other certification out there.

To respond to your initial query...
There are a few "scientific" journals for the field of forensics.
Digital Investigation is one, and they are always looking for papers.
They are as peer reviewed as you would find any other submission to SANS.

http://www.compseconline.com/digitalinvestigation/

Eoghan Casey is the Editor in Chief and every article they have published
so far has been of high quality.  It's a shame it costs so much though.

And the Internation Journal of Digital Evidence is another peer review
journal.

http://ijde.org/

And getting published in the Sleuthkit Informer wouldn't be a bad notch in
the belt either.

http://www.sleuthkit.org/informer/index.php

-Aaron