[Dshield] What passes for a server admin

jayjwa jayjwa at atr2.ath.cx
Sun Mar 27 17:54:21 GMT 2005

I ran into this article while I was looking for something else. It
describes an admin talking to a forum of other server admins about getting
hacked. The guy has absolutely no clue what he's doing; he's confirmed
rooted, and scanning other servers, yet never does it occure to him to
pull the plug on the thing. All he says to the other admins is 'sorry if
my box is attacking yours'. Check out this article to see why there are so
many hacked servers on the 'Net today:

http://forums.serverbeach.com/archive/index.php/t-2163.html

--
checking for broken Samba configure files ...
head: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'