[Dshield] Virus alias list

Axel Pettinger api at worldonline.de
Tue May 3 16:12:23 GMT 2005

Hi Bob,

You probably mean VGrep, originally created by Ian Whalley, a database
currently maintained by Dmitry Gryaznov, Senior Manager, Advanced
Security Research, McAfee Security.

>From "Virus Bulletin"'s site:

"What does it do?

VGrep is a system produced in an attempt to clear up some of the
confusion surrounding the naming of viruses. It works by running
scanners across a large collection of virus-infected files, and parsing
their output into a simple text database."

Online:
http://www.virusbtn.com/resources/vgrep/

Offline:
http://www.virusbtn.com/library/files/vgrep.zip