[Dshield] Virus alias list

Bob Savage bsavage at rnr-inc.com
Tue May 3 19:05:13 GMT 2005

Thank you, that was the one!  And thanks to the others that responded as well.

This is probably more informtion than anyone needs but here's the short story behind the question.  I've seen a lot of Java_Bytever over the past month or so, here at the office, on PCs belonging to friends and relatives, even on my own machines.  Sunday I was sitting on the couch with my grown son as he was showing me something on his new laptop when his TM scan completed and listed a whole raft of files infected with this particular piece of malware.  That motivated me to try to research it yesterday, but I found that TM's write-up was not very informative.  Thought someone else might have more information, but of course there is the problem that every vendor calls it by a different name!  End of TMI.

Thanks again!

Bob