[Dshield] intermittent status reports

Laura Vance vancel at winfreeacademy.com
Wed May 4 15:33:13 GMT 2005

I know that people always bring this up, and I've stayed quiet, but I
figure that I should at least ask if anyone else has had this problem.
It's not that big of a deal for me, because I can still view the info on
the DShield site, but I know how frustrated I get as a developer when my
users won't tell me that something is not working properly... So here
goes my description of what's not working properly. :)

My daily status reports are sent to me sporadically. I'll list the most
recent periods of activity and inactivity.

3-10-2005 - 3-20-2005 : received one every day.
3-21-2005 - 3-24-2005 : no daily reports
3-25-2005 - 3-27-2005 : received daily reports.
3-28-2005 - 4-6-2005  : no reports
4-7-2005              : received report
4-8-2005  - 4-11-2005 : no reports
4-12-2005             : received report
4-13-2005 - 4-30-2005 : no reports
5-1-2005  - 5-2-2005  : received reports
5-3-2005  - present   : no reports

I haven't changed anything on the DShield site, and I have a timed job
set to scan my logs and email them into DShield every hour (as we were
requested to do in the fall). I've seen people say to verify settings on
the DShield site other times when this comes up, but if that were the
case here, when my daily reports stopped they wouldn't start again until
I went to the site to change my settings. All of my submitted data is on
the DShield site, because I can still go online and see the raw data for
the days that I don't receive a daily report.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance