[Dshield] 'iptables' config for WRT54G running Sveasoft Alchemy-pre5.4a

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Fri May 6 15:21:39 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 10:15 -0400, David Lawless wrote:
> At 08:48 AM 5/6/2005 -0400, you wrote:

I want to make sure that you get the help that you require so I'll move
this back to the DShield list.

In case there are others who misunderstood, apparently this individual
is running a router with embedded linux and wants to facilitate DShield
reporting utilizing the router's IPTables. David, if that does not sum
it up properly, please correct me.

Apparently the kernel is the somewhat deprecated 2.4. Assuming that he
can pass commands then

1. He needs to create a chain (say DSHIELD)

"iptables -N DHSIELD

2. He needs to add two rules to the chain.

"iptables -A DSHIELD -j LOG"
"iptables -A DSHIELD -j DROP"

3. Then, presumably, the actual rules. With no servers running, perhaps
(for starters);
"iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 1:1556 -j DSHIELD"
"iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 1:1556 -j DSHIELD"

I'm not sure where the logs are written to.
--
Multi-RBL Check:         http://www.TQMcube.com/rblcheck.htm
Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm