[Dshield] RIPE Network Coordination Centre

Dom De Vitto dom at devitto.com
Tue May 10 17:24:23 GMT 2005

RIPE is just the regulatory authority that issues address space to Europeans. So either the addresses haven’t been allocated yet (and are therefore non-routable) or RIPE are attacking you :-)
..or.. if you query RIPE with an address they are not responsible for, the
Details will come back as themselves, other "top level" authorities do this too, because they assume that if theyt have no delegated the IP block, it must be theirs.

'gwhois' is pretty good at getting the right authority for the block, rather than you having to try them all (US, Europe, Asia, etc)

What are the IPs?

Dom