[Dshield] Help Request

Glenn Jarvis gaj at uppergroove.ca
Sun May 15 22:06:41 GMT 2005

Hi all,
I never had to use this specific method before, but due to circumstances
beyond my control
and I really don't wish to explain the whole thing... it would takes
pages, I need to add ip
blocking to my .htaccess file. I think I had the format correct, but
when I try it , I get a
500 internal server error.
Here's an example....

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files>

deny from 218.0.0.0/255
deny from 61.0.0.0/255
deny from 203.0.0.0/255
deny from 220.0.0.0/255
deny from 211.0.0.0/255
deny from 219.0.0.0/255
deny from 64.0.0.0/255
deny from 59.0.0.0/255
Deny from 58.14.0.0/15
Deny from 58.16.0.0/14

The file is actually over 30k. I'm sure folks here will probably notice
that they are all
from the Asian area. The focus is to block the pirate sites from
accessing information
on my server. I'm not sure , but would the line "allow from all" be the
problem? I've
searched google in hopes that there would be an example out there
showing the
ip blocking method, but I couldn't find one. My mailserver had ip
blocking, but that
was within the software itself, so naturally, it's methods don't work in
this area.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
For those who may be wondering, our ecommerce partner fraud measures
didn't work
on a credit card purchase of one of our products. I found it three days
later floating around pirate
sites in Asia and newsgroups. Now the sites have links to my server (for
images and html
pages) posted on their sites which keeps using bandwidth. That's
basically the short version :-)

Thanks in advance
Glenn

--
Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.