[Dshield] Re: list Digest, Vol 29, Issue 20

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Thu May 26 18:12:38 GMT 2005

The original software was Norton Internet Security with bundled firewall
and anti virus.  The new software is the new AVG Beta firewall.

I write my own Spam filters.  As I indicated in earlier posts to me
there is more importance in screening original IPs than in screening
subject lines.  At least 60% of what I see originates outside the US or
from certain rogue IPs I blacklist.  I ran AVG AV and NIS side by side
in this machine for years.  No conflicts have ever been observed.
Sometimes one would catch something the other wouldn't.  It varied as to
which one.  Yes Adaware SE plusand Adwatch lurk here also, TDS too.  No
trace of spyware found in years.  Don't know what Aaron's experience
with AVG was, and a lot could have to do with how he acquired it and
from where.  I can say I have not found any signs of spyware calling
home in free AVG.  I log everything and would have noticed such.