[Dshield] Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Fa r

admin admin at applitec.com
Wed Nov 2 19:32:37 GMT 2005

An EULA is not the right place to put a statement about adding spyware
or any other type of program to an end users machine. It seems to me
that this type of information should be presented in a way that no one
can misunderstand. Maybe a big colorful pop up with a big exclamation
mark inside a caution icon. This pop up should also contain very clear
instruction on how to remove the application. Anything less is deceitful
and malicious. The law to be fair must be clear (then again when has the
law ever been fair). That's my opinion, I could be wrong.