[Dshield] Interesting Zombie Data Graphs

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Mon Nov 7 15:26:50 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 07:52 -0800, Pete Cap wrote:

> --- Deb Hale <haled at pionet.net> wrote:
>
> > Humm!  Comcast - imagine that.  They have to be the
> > most loosely run company
> > ever.  As a matter of fact I think they encourage
> > this type of activity.
> > IMHO - if there is one to avoid doing business with
> > it is comcast.

> What gets me is that although Comcast must have
> millions of users, and although I'm sure they're
> moving many, many terabytes of data each day, it is
> not really a difficult problem to identify zombies.  A
> cluster analysis or nodal analysis or application of
> the apriori algorithm would reveal much, I think; and
> it's not like Comcast couldn't afford some beefy
> servers to process the data.  There just doesn't seem
> to be much interest, though...

Comcast is the problem du jour. What they SHOULD do is to block 25 in
residential space. Look at the demo page from this spam mailer:

http://www.send-safe.com/send-safe.html What does that tell you?

Our advisory is at: http://tqmcube.com/comcast_advisory.htm
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm