[Dshield] Pending California Class-Action Lawsuit Coming Against Sony?

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Tue Nov 8 09:10:53 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 18:56 +0000, Fergie wrote:
> [snip]
> Now the lawyers are taking aim, too. Robert Green, a partner at the
> San Francisco firm of Green Welling, says he's readying a class action
> lawsuit against Sony.
>
> "We're still investigating the case and talking to different people
> about what happened to them," Green said on Friday.
> [snip]

Is this one of those cases that are started by lawyers who see a case
and then go shopping for potential clients/attendants that would like to
participate in the class action lawsuit?

I guess if you don't have much to do and market conditions are right,
you can always create a lawsuit out of thin air... no initial plaintiffs
required.

Cheers,
Frank

against your ports.