[Dshield] XML RPC Worm - New Variant?

Ivan_Macalintal@support.trendmicro.com Ivan_Macalintal at support.trendmicro.com
Tue Nov 8 16:50:25 GMT 2005

Hello,

Heads-up!

We're now also seeing a lot of incidents of a newer variant that goes by
the name of LISTEN...

MD5 Hashes (as compared with the previous LUPII variants):

5b1176a690feaa128bc83ad278b19ba8 *listen
df0e169930103b504081aa1994be870d *lupii
c9cd7949a358434bfdd8d8f002c7996b *lupii2

LISTEN has a size of 443,364 bytes, but basically it still does the same
thing.

With Best Regards,

Ivan Macalintal
Senior Threat Analyst
Trend Micro Inc.

TREND MICRO EMAIL NOTICE
The information contained in this email and any attachments is confidential and may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property protection. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to use or disclose this information, and we request that you notify us by reply mail or telephone and delete the original message from your mail system.